ABSC Team Managers
Welcome to the Albany-Berkeley Soccer Club! Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the important role of team manager. The first step in becoming a team manager for your team is to apply for the position by registering yourself as a team official. If you are from a U11 or older team please click here for additional registration instructions. The second step is to attend the mandatory team manager meeting (Date and Time TBA). In order to fulfill your role as team manager, both veteran and new team managers are required to attend this meeting each season. This is considered an important part of your volunteer position and is required in order for you to be eligible for a $100 volunteer refund at the end of the season.
Team Managers’ Check List
Welcome to the Albany-Berkeley Soccer Club! Thank you for volunteering for the important role of team manager. You will partner with the coach to assist in the smooth running of the season. Check in with your coach as early as possible to determine together your exact role with the team.
1. Register yourself as a team official in Sportability. All rec and comp teams.
2. Register yourself with Cal North and get fingerprinted (Rec. teams U11 through U19 teams only). Instructions.
3. Attend mandatory pre-season meeting. Date and time will be announced via email.
4. Risk management and policy on three (3) team officials per team. Read this.
5. Distribute team roster. Questions
- Report extra players showing up to games or practices to the registrar.
- The parents of no-shows at the first few practices and games should get a phone call to find out what's up.
- Report players who drop out to the registrar, Debbie Young, immediately.
- 3 Team Officials Per Team Rule
6. Make sure your coach has the team binder (2005 - 1998).
7. Check with your coach to make sure he or she has an ABSC first aid kit.
8. Make sure your families have received the practice schedule. Questions.
9. Update players in TeamSnap; adds and withdrawals. Learn more. NEW- We now offer TeamSnap for the futsal season.
10. Schedule parents on rotating basis as "second adult" to attend each practice per Times-Two Policy.
11. Rain out hotline. Get connected!
12. Make sure all parents have read and understand the Sideline Behavior Rules and the 4-Goal Rule.
13. Ask coach if s/he would like you to handle the games cards. (U9+)
14. Uniforms - do your families know when/where to get them?
- Under-5 to Under-10 Recreational reversible uniforms
- Under-11 to Under-19 Recreational and Competitive team uniforms
15. Team name - Got a new one? Want to change it? Please contact: Club registrar, Debbie Young, during player
16. Make sure your families have a practice and game schedule. Check for updates before each game. Questions
17. Distribute snack schedule after conferring with coach on preferences (games only? prax too?).
18. Plan end-of-season celebration, e.g. party, coach gifts, player award certificates. Gift & team spirit ideas
19. End-of season volunteer refund submission request. Click here.
Please contact me if you have any questions. I am here to support you in whatever way I can. Thank you.